EMV for Macintosh
Escape Medical Viewer (EMV) 4.4x is an elegant, robust and lightweight DICOM viewer, anonymizer and converter. A MacOS X native 64-bit application written from scratch using Cocoa, EMV 4.4x:
- opens DICOM images (stand-alone or DICOM CDs and DVDs);
- facilitates geometry and color manipulation;
- has handy tools for defining ROIs and performing calibrated measurements;
- removes sensitive information from pixels and DICOM data (anonymize);
- exports to a variety of modern still-image and movie formats;
- has a beautiful, intuitive, user-centric interface, that works the way you expect.
At a glance
- 64-bit application: increased robustness and compatibility with new Macs and OS versions.
- Moved from QuickTime (used in EMV since 2001) to DCMTK, a popular DICOM Toolkit
- Full-screen viewing and multi-monitor support
- Printing to any connected system printer
- Multi-series display of up to 4 sequences or clips in a selection of predefined arrangements ("hanging").
- Multiframe display (series, clips, sequences) in user-defined grid.
- User-controlled display of demographics and DICOM overlays.
- Extraction of localizers if found in the same series as the slices (to enable usage in multi-series display)
- Automatic display of reference lines when more series of the same frame of reference are displayed simultaneously
- Alternative colorizations of grayscale and color images.
- Handling of non-square pixels.
- Calibration: define the real-world size of pixels.
- User-controlled action scope: act on the current frame or on the entire sequence.
- User-controlled marking: allow for selective traversing, anonymizing and exporting.
- Cine with autoplay, traverse, user-defined frame rate, and time-vector support.
- DICOM data browser
User objects and measurements
- User objects: measurements, textual annotations, arrows
- Eraser: turn any rectangle into an eraser to remove burnt-in information (commonly used with ultrasound clips).
- Density measurement in Hounsfield units, where applicable.
- Calibrated US measurements when ultrasound regions are defined.
- Export towards images or movies: frame, sequence, series, study, patient, all patients, marked items.
- Anonymize: file, sequence, series, study, patient, all patients, marked files.
- Export DICOM data: file, sequence, series, study, patient, all patients, marked files.